Monday, May 11, 2009

I have a rosemary plant and thyme plant and need tips on care and pruning?

I want my rosemary plant to be more bushy, and I don't want to kill the things, i would like to be able to use them when I cook





(yea that's right, I am a guy that cooks, but do I get more man points if I say I was airborne infantry also also?)

I have a rosemary plant and thyme plant and need tips on care and pruning?
Rosemary and thyme plants do not need a lot of water.


They both want a lot of light. If they are in containers they can be kept out doors in warm weather and then brought in for the winter.


Don't be afraid to clip them back and use what you clip in cooking.


If they get too big for the pot then move them up. Check to see if the roots are filling the pots. Break the roots up when repotting them.


Nothing tastes better than fresh herbs and somehow the ones you grow your self taste even better.
Reply:My Rosemary bush was just a twig 2 yrs. ago, when I bought it at Lowes. It is about 2 1/2 ft. wide now and about 2 ft. tall. I always take out a stem in the middle of the plant in an effort to thin out the middle cause the plant will grow out around the outer edges. I am told that R/M lives about 3 yrs. So, I'm taking cuttings now to start some new plants. It is very easy to grow. And improves the appearance of your landscape.


No comments:

Post a Comment