Saturday, May 22, 2010

I'm growing rosemary in a pot. do I take leaves (for cooking) from the top? also, how should I trim it?

To get leaves for cooking, pinch off the top portion of a stalk, right above a place where a stem branches off. Use the leaves from the part you removed. Pinching off the top keeps the plant from getting spindly and encourages short, bushy growth.

I'm growing rosemary in a pot. do I take leaves (for cooking) from the top? also, how should I trim it?
any leaves are good. the new leaves do have more flavor. the older ones i put in little bags i made and hang in closets for moths and spiders. a rosemary likes water and she will grow forever . mine almost looks like a tree. i prune any branches growing towards the middle so all branches point outwards. other than that i only prune to shape it the way i want . I'm thinking of using them as a hedge on the side of the house.


they have natural camphor in them and keep bugs away. i also use them to make cold remedies. they are a great breath freshener.


No comments:

Post a Comment