Saturday, November 14, 2009

I live in north GA and have 2 well established rosemary plants in pots until this summer I planted them .?

They are doing very well, I use to winter them in at night and out during the day. Should I cut them back and cover them with mulch or leave them be. I got them from a wild garden about 2 years ago where they wintered outside. It rarely freezes and with the drought I dont expect snow this year. Any advice will be great.

I live in north GA and have 2 well established rosemary plants in pots until this summer I planted them .?
They will be fine,. I livein eastern NC right above you and my neighbor has huge rosemary bushes in her yard. Yes bushes, they are that big.
Reply:I live in Massachusetts, and my rosemary winters quite well, the plants are in a sheltered corner, the nights here in the winter often, fall well below freezing, and we get quite a bit of snow... a little mulch and if they are out in the open.. maybe a surround to protect them from the winds.


No comments:

Post a Comment