Sunday, May 16, 2010

Is Rosemary Extract bad while pregnant?

I have read that rosemary oil is bad but I'm not sure if extract is bad also. My all natural face wash has rosemary extract in it.

Is Rosemary Extract bad while pregnant?
I doubt you can absorb enough from your skin to be a problem, also most commercial products contain very small amounts of the essential oils they claim to contain. Essential oils are VERY expensive





http://www.kellymom.com/herbal/ref/herbs...


There is no evidence to indicate that intermittent intake of moderate amounts of rosemary poses any threat during pregnancy or lactation. However, internal intake of the oil should be avoided during pregnancy because it may act as an abortifacient. A rosemary infusion is suggested for use in warm compresses when treating mastitis. Additional general info at HealthNotes and WebMD.
Reply:I never heard of this, i really doubt it's bad, it's only face wash.


No comments:

Post a Comment